[pct-l] Hiking without the guide book??

J J at Ridge Trail jj at ridgetrailhiker.com
Tue Dec 1 12:57:27 CST 2009

So right, Erik.

My take? Thanks for asking. Literature. Read the books before the hike. Learn about where you want to walk. You will be better informed then about whether or not you want to take the book sections with you on the trail.

I, like others, enjoyed reading about the next day's hike. Some might prefer a surprise. Chacon a son gut. The one place I remember using the Guide for directions was between the dam and Silverwood Lake. As I am finding out while making GPS tracks of the Bay Area Ridge Trail, trails are much easier to follow than routes through built up areas.

Enjoy this stage of your hike.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com