[pct-l] A Trail Momment in Time

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Mon Aug 31 03:07:23 CDT 2009

The Seasons are changing.

Outside my bedroom window tonight, beyond the aspens and across the lawn, a cool, Fall wind slides toward the cabin. As it pushes through the open window above my bed I feel it falling over my face. I am reminded of the many times I've been snuggled inside my mummy bag, the draw cord close around my head, warm and comfortable inside my cocoon, and felt that cool breeze across my cheeks and nose. If I'm high in the mountains, it could be summer after a warm day, maybe even a thundershower. However it is the end of August in Tahoe and this breeze signals a change in the forest. The bears sense it; the birds are talking about it. I'll never forget it. It's but one of the joys of mountain life, one that we, as long-distance trail hikers, get to enjoy every night and allow become a part of our very soul.

Mtnned