[pct-l] South Sierra backpacking suggestions?

Elisabeth M. Chaplin echaplin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 17:58:51 CDT 2009

Anyone have any beloved 2 night trips in the south Sierra they'd care
to share? Hoping to do a Labor Day trip, and would prefer to not wade
through crowds (tall order, I know)... Reservable permits are gone for
areas out of Horseshoe Meadows, but I'd like to not drive too far up,
yet I want trees and water and mountains! Realistically would like to
cap the trip at ten miles one-way. Coming from Santa Barbara. Help!

Thanks, Liz.