[pct-l] Thru Ride

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Aug 24 11:32:51 CDT 2009

Iona,

Ed Anderson, aka Mendo Rider and his horse Primo, are out attempting to finish the trail this year from Ashland to the border.  Try contacting him at mendoridered at yahoo.com for his sage advice and experience.  He may not be able to get back to you until he's off the trail. I also suggest contacting Backcountry Horsemen of America chapters in the areas you plan to travel through for more comprehensive information regarding trail conditions, equine alternate routes, etc.  Often, this group can provide not only information, but support as well. Their contributions to the maintenance of the trail are of inestimable value.

Water information can be found at www.4jeffrey.net/pct

Snow information can be found at www.postholer.com (there are other sites, too).

Thru-rides require a great deal of planning. Much luck to you and your horse in your thru-ride attempt.

L-Rod