[pct-l] JMT Q's

Michael Jurado kungfutbol at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 12:43:48 CDT 2009

I will be hiking the JMT/PCT from Kearsage Pass to Mammoth Lakes next week and I still have a few Q's

1) Should I take a headnet this time of year in the Sierras?
2) Does TP have to go in the bear can too?
3) Are there any trails that branch off the PCT and go back south to meet the PCT again? I may have to double back halfway and it would be cool to see different landscapes on the way back.
4) Is it ok to park my car at the trailhead in Independence for a few days?

That's all I got.  Thanks in advance to all for any helpful advice.  Viva PCT!

Mikey J