[pct-l] Fire near Heitman's

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 20:42:41 CDT 2009

Thank you all for the reports on the fire in the Hat Creek Rim area.
We've been concerned but are 800 miles from home and pretty much out of
communication.  We did receive an email that the Chester newspaper
reports that the PCTA is suggesting that hikers leave the trail at
Chester and try to find rides north.  Is this really the case?  In any
event I'm suffering all sorts of pangs that I am not there in the
Highway36/Chester area to help hikers get past the fire(s?).  I am so
sorry!  And I am so happy to hear Georgi's Hideaway (and Georgi and
Dennis!) are ok.  As soon as we're home, but that won't be for a couple
of weeks yet, I'll be ready to assist hikers again, but by then there
may be few hikers left on the trail.  Thank you again for the reports
and my highest respect to Firefly and Firewalker and their volunteer
crew for all the work they do.

Piper's Mom