[pct-l] Hiker fell from PCT north of Snoqualmie

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 6 23:31:12 CDT 2009

I just got off the phone with Jim Nee, better known on the trail as Tazul.
Frodo and I reached him in his hospital room in Seattle.  His voice sounds
good, but he took quite a tumble.  He was 15 miles north on the PCT from
Snoqualmie pass (must be just past Chikamin Pass.  He indeed has some broken
bones, and will have surgery tomorrow but sounded confident.  I dare say he
was quite surprised to hear from me.  We have such fond memories of
leap-frogging with him on his 1000-plus-mile section hike in 2007.  We are
holding him in our thoughts.  If any others would like to contact him, give
us a shout off-line for hospital and number.  Be safe out there. Scout