[pct-l] ORIGINAL PCT OR THE DETOUR.............

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:19:39 CDT 2009

THE ORIGINAL PCT OR THE DETOUR

WHICH ROUTE SHOULD I TAKE ??
I can not advise you on whether to hike the original PCT or to hike the
DETOUR route. I have not been on the trail. I can relay to you what other
hikers have told me as they came through here South Bound. The 4 hikers SOBO
who took the DETOUR did not make it through to Steven's Pass. They all back
tracked to Trinity Trail Head and hitched out to hwy 2 and on to Skykomish.
2 of the hikers went back and tried a second time and still didn't get
through. All of the SOBO who took the Original PCT have gotten through.
About 15 miles of headaches. Lots of blow downs and Milk Creek is a mess to
get across but there is a crew there working on the trail. The Forest
Service and the PCTA are advising all hikers to take the DETOUR. My advice
is to talk to all the SOBO and find out what they did and where the problem
areas are.

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore
Skykomish