[pct-l] transportaion needed: from Norden CA to Echo Lake and then Sierra City back to Norden.

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Aug 2 22:47:14 CDT 2009

I'm going to the 75th Anniversary Celebration at Clair Tappan Lodge in
Norden, (near Donner Pass and the PCT) CA  on old US40 on Aug 14
(Friday) thru Aug 16 (Sunday).
Then I plan to hike the PCT from Echo Lake (US 50) to near Sierra City
(CA 49). I tentatively plan to leave my truck at Clair Tappan.

I'll probably travel to Echo Lake Sunday; but I'm not sure when I'll get
to Sierra City. I'm guessing 10 days on the trail. Also I may need to
stop to pick up a Desolation Wilderness permit and pay the fee on Sunday
or maybe Monday.

What are the transit options?  Anyone able to pick me up in Sierra City
and drive me back to Norden.  I'll gladly pay gas/mileage.

TIA

 Tortoise

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

--H. L. Mencken

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>