[pct-l] Canadian border permit

Doug Musso dougmusso at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:37:41 CDT 2009

What is the current story on the Canadian border entry permit. I was planning on picking up two hikers in Manning. Only one of the hikers has received his permit . The other hiker 's permit has not yet arrived. If not having the permit will create a problem I could pick them up on the Washington side of the border. They would have to retrace their steps back to hiway 20 I think in order for me to meet them. My questions are: Does not having a Canadian entery permit create a problem? What is the best way to get my van into the area for a Washington state pickup. Thanks Doug