[pct-l] Mono Hot Springs to Independence/Bishop?

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Aug 1 10:51:00 CDT 2009

You'd be better off exiting the east side over Pine Creek Pass or Mono
Pass to Rock Creek or even McGee Pass and a six mile hike to Hwy 395 or
pushing on to Reds Meadow.  You could easily spend two days travelling
by car hitching/bussing from the west side to Independence when you
could be hiking!  Mammoth to Independence is a 4 hour bus trip, if you
plan well...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD