[pct-l] Kick-Off

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 26 16:58:22 CDT 2009

Just got back home from the kick-Off.  It was another wonderful event.  Great workshops and the movies were big fun.  Thank you to all the volunteers that worked so hard to make it happen.  I enjoyed meeting many of you or at least putting a face to a name, even if we didn't speak (some of you were just so busy).  A few of you came by to say hello and that was nice.  I don't think many of us realize how well known we become just from posting here (watch what you say, you may develop a reputation).  :-)

I only have one criticism and that has to do with Quite Time, no one was enforcing it.  That was too bad.  Last night the immature and selfish jerks that shared my camp site were drunk, high and partying till 1:30 when they were finely told to nip it.  I didn't tell them to do so as I was only one person and they were several, and who am I to spoil there fun, just some old fart who has forgotten how to party.  Still I found them to be rude and inconsiderate of others and it would have been nice if someone whose job it was (ranger) had patrolled about and asked them to quite down.

Otherwise, it was fun.  Even Switchback behaved himself and did not get TPed this year.

Happy hiking to the class of 2009!

Shepherd