[pct-l] Garmin GPS maps with PCT shown?

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Fri Apr 24 15:50:25 CDT 2009

Howdy:

I am considering buying a new GPS unit. I have used a Garmin 3+ for 10 years but it doesn't have the download capacity for maps that I need. I have two questions: What kind of GPS are people on the trail using (if any) and is there any downloadable map that actually has the PCT on it.

I am downloading maps from the Garmin mapsource disc, but it is extremely tedious to find the right topos because the PCT is not on the topos (I have only looked at the Section A topos so far).

Thanks.

Fireweed