[pct-l] Weight

Andrew Dawson question.everything at live.com
Mon Apr 20 15:28:49 CDT 2009

Hey PCTers

I just weighed all the things I'm going to take with me on the trail and I have come up with 34.88 lbs - that's if I were to hike naked which isn't going to happen. Here is my run down:

 Tent (MSR Hubba Hubba)                               4.75 lbs
 Therma-rest (Pro-lite 4)                                 1.75 lbs
 Pack (Arc'teryx Naos 70)                                4.75 lbs
 Sleeping Bag (MEC Asgaard)                           3.94 lbs
 Cooking Stuff (MSR Dragonfly & MSR Pots)       2.63 lbs
 Clothing including Gore-tex shells                    8.63 lbs
 Sandals                                                         1.38 lbs
 First Aid/Toiletries                                          1.00 lbs
 Odds & Ends                                                  1.44 lbs
 Luxuries                                                        2.00 lbs
 Water Filter (Katadyn Pocket)                          1.69 lbs
 Ice Axe                                                          0.94 lbs
Total:                                                             34.88 lbs

I'm curious to how much your packs weigh with everything in it minus food and water. I have taken a few things out to get the weight down. A few things I have weigh more than I would like them but its about comfort. Like my sleeping bag - Its good to -20C but weighs a bit more. I might get rid of some of my luxuries ... but that includes my camera and such small electronic things. I don't really wanna give those up.

Dawson