[pct-l] How to Carry More?

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:32:15 CDT 2009

I can be as much of a gram weenie as anyone, but an add-on waist belt pouch
isn't IMO the place to be focused on saving weight.  Last year I used an
inexpensive add on waist belt pouch from Campmor, 1.5 oz, costs $9
currently: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___60808

At some point along the trip my backordered GossamerGear add on pouch came
in and I swapped for that, I don't remember correctly but I think I got the
biggest or maybe the medium sized one:
http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/Hip_Belt_Pocket.html

The GG pouch had a more awkward zipper, less capacity, and less durabilty
... my GG pack held up fine overall, but the add-on waist belt pouch is now
only useable with a couple of safety pins holding the sides together.   If
doing it again, I'd use the Campmor pouch throughout.

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle