[pct-l] Mt. Shasta City

Jeff Dishman dishjad at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 00:13:27 CDT 2009

Tumbleweed, Retro and I spent a couple days back in October last yr at Mt.Shasta city.  A sweet little town and much nicer than Dunsmuir (stayed there too back on PCT05 thru).  FYI there is a bus that runs from Dunsmuir to Shasta daily on a regular basis (about once every 1 1/2 hrs) for $1.00 each way, an easy way to get there after a hitch into Dunsmuir.

Some great food options in Mt. Shasta and the local food co-op is excellent for re-supply, esp for the vegan/vegetarian crowd.  Movie theatre in town hosts an annual film festival which we caught in Oct, and the downtown is quaint and relaxing, overall, a great hiker town stop on the PCT and a nice alt to Castella or Dunsmuir.

Rabbit