[pct-l] Hamburger Rocks

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Apr 11 14:14:15 CDT 2009

I've done something similar when I've wanted ground beef for my meals.

Just fry very lean ground beef until well done. Put on paper towels to
absorb fat.
Then put in dehydrator and dry until very dry.  A little fat doesn't hurt.
I then put in a zipper bag and store in the freezer until I'm ready to
pack food.
Then I measure out what I want and pack with my other ingredients for a
meal.

You could probably dry the meat in just a pan in the over on a warm
setting.  You want to dry the meat, not further cook it.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>