[pct-l] night hiking in the desert

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:58:02 CDT 2009

Hi Nia

Welcome to the Class of 2009
You may also want to sign up for the pct2009 yahoo group at
www.yahoogroups.com

In the desert most hikers hike during the day.  I do.
Starting from the border by the end of April, you should have OK weather.
There will be some hot days.
In some parts of the desert the hot temperatures also come with high winds.
Breathable clothing that lets air through and your sweat evaporate is good.
We all take breaks in shady spots and sometimes long breaks.

The trail is well marked, but there are a few places that might be a little
difficult at night.

Also hiking in 2009

Warner Springs Monty

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty