[pct-l] Lightweight Shelter and Pack

RJ Lewis karmagurl at bektel.com
Mon Sep 29 18:03:28 CDT 2008

As for tents, you can check out Henry Shire's Tarptents too. He makes
some nice tents, very lightweight, and useful. The Rainbow series is a
freestanding tent, and comes in at about 2 lbs, for the single person
version. He also makes a 2 person version, at about 2.5lbs, still well
under the weight of most tents out there. He has others too, it just
depends on what you are looking for.

As for packs, there are multitudes of them out there, and it all depends
upon your own personal needs and comfort level. Some of us need more
structure to our backpacks, and have special needs, others can get by
with something like the GoLite Breeze or similar, and be perfectly happy.

It's all a matter of personal preference, and personal need. Each person
is different. Go with what works for you. :)

Soul Sista