[pct-l] Stock

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Sun Sep 21 12:58:10 CDT 2008

The trail crews on Mt Hood do a pretty good job of cleaning the trails for
stock, unless we have a year like last year where so many trails just
disappeared or this year when the trails got worked on late due to snow.
Better to go thru here in August than earlier.

The only place I've had consistent problems getting stock thru is on the PCT
above Lolo Pass, it's sidehill and some very large blowdown, and NO way
around them. This has been a couple of years ago so may be gone by now. The
Mt Hood district is pretty good about their information but you might also
contact Oregon Equestrian Trails for trail updates. They have a website.
www.oregonequestriantrails.org

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com