[pct-l] Clinton C. Clarke Route

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Sep 20 10:41:17 CDT 2008

Hiker97 wrote:
> Switchback replies: Also, the current PCT route goes past the Clinton
> C. Clarke tree.

Which many PCT hikers don't see, since they leave WS via the highway. As
I passed by it, I was unaware of the significance of that moment.

> Warner Springs Monty is the Guardian of this part of the PCT,

I didn't see him there.

> Also, there seems to be scratches of Mutant Saber Tooth Mountain
> Lions on its trunk.

I missed those too.

Fortunately for me, someone was camped near the tree. The route through
the campground at that point was a little confusing. Said camper pointed
the way, and I walked by totally unaware that I was walking past such a
significant biological wonder.