[pct-l] SuperSecrets of Backpacking

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 03:03:32 CDT 2008

Here are a couple of tricks of the trail.

1.  Go to your local drugstore and the small items section.  Buy a few very small spray bottles (.5 ounces each).  Fill one or two with water.  They should now weigh about 2 ounces each.  Use them as portable air conditioners on the trail.  They should lower the air temp around your face by about 20-30 degrees.

I also like to use them to wake up in the morning or at night if I have been sleeping and now want to journal, read, or have a snack.  A very nice way to wake yourself up.  Refreshing.  And I like to use them to wake up quickly if I want to chase bears at night, marauding Indians, etc.

2.  I noticed at the Fresh & Easy store they have individual tubes of diet Arizona green tea mix.  I love this stuff.  It is made with Splenda.  The net weight for a box of 10 sticks is .7 ounces.  One pack is for 17 ounces of water.

3.  Over at www.MountainLaurelDesigns.com they have a Reflecto Guyline Mini LineLock Set.  This is pretty neat for your shelter.  And their MLD 2Thirds XP sleeping Quilt at under 9 ounces is interesting too.

Once again, Switchback, has come through for you.