[pct-l] Water Treatment & ending my hike

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Sep 18 17:47:39 CDT 2008

I  like Carolyn's perspective here.  As we move into winter, I would
love to hear the stories of hikers who have found themselves in
sitio-extremis.  What was your reasoning process leading you to continue
to walk in the rain up and over the swell in the Goat Rocks when it was
raining, blowing big time, and 55 degrees?  How did you land yourself in
jeopardy of losing your life?  What kinds of choices did you make?  I
know that every section and thru-hiker has a story about "The Time"
death was imminent.

Set the stage - describe the situation.  Then describe your choices, and
if you're there, analyze your decisions, or just let us do it.

Jeff, just Jeff...