[pct-l] Water Treatment & ending my hike

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Thu Sep 18 17:17:17 CDT 2008

It's always good to do what it takes to live to hike another day.

You were pretty close to the edge, but I would have been more impressed if
there was blood in the urine. That would possibly mean your kidneys were
shutting down and you were rapidly becoming toast. (levity)

But really, from one who has been to the hospital for dehydration, not once
but multiple times, (None having to do with hiking) you were smart to pull
the plug, so to speak. A couple of zero days and a new filter or some bleach
would have fixed it but sometimes your brain just tells you when it's time
to quit.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com