[pct-l] Mountain Laurel Designs small Pyramid shelter - DuoMid

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Oct 29 19:55:44 CDT 2008

In 1987 I bought one of the first Chouinard pyramid shelters, a brilliant
7x9ft footprint with a 5ft height. It weighed 2.5 pounds, could handle snow
and windstorms, and was the cutting edge ultralight shelter 20 yrs ago. I've
been waiting a long time for a similar design to come along built with
silnylon, and Mt Laurel Designs has just recently presented this
opportunity. Perfect for two, or one with a dog, or solo, stable in high
winds, it is a 15oz wonder, and available in cutting edge fabrics in a 10 oz
version. Support the cottage industry wizards, they are making the
ultralight gear we need for our trail adventures. I will order one soon for
next year's adventures with Kelly dog.
http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com:80/shop/product_info.php?products_id=105&osCsid=06d07f75903cdfe3cbed66646ca9cf43