[pct-l] Trout Lake Store Closure

Jeff Dishman dishjad at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 12:49:58 CDT 2008

>From what I read of the article, the Trout Lake Store is NOT closing.  Rather, it is the outfitter/guide service located next door to the general store that is closing.  The article alludes to the fact that the outfitter, which was geared to the climbers and cross country skiers, had losses due to excess snow last winter then the fire on Mt. Adams this summer

So it appears from the article that the General Store is still open for business.  We spent a zero there a couple months ago..and the store is the center of town...busy all day long with lots of locals and tourists coming in to make purchases.  I believe it will continue to flourish.  The family that owns it lives in the house behind the store...they seem very grounded there and seem comfortable with their income and lifestyle...so hopefully they'll be there for years to come...the hiker amenities upstairs are perfect and the right price, and they are extremely helpful with any of the hiker's needs.

Rabbit

The general store in Trout Lake, WA is closing for good on Nov 1 2008. There
is still a cafe, gas station and hardware store.

Read about it:
http://www.theolympian.com/377/story/634678.html

-postholer