[pct-l] Essence (was baseweights and ultralight packs)

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 14:18:28 CDT 2008

>>I bid on a Six Moon Essence at ALDHA a couple weeks ago.  (Seven bids and
>>still lost!)  I'm shooting for the CDT in 2009 and this thing fit much
>>better than ANY commercial pack I have ever tried on............. for the
>>way I use a pack.

I used the original version on the CDT and now use the newer version for my backpacking trips.

I've been very happy with it. I LOVE how it essentially load/unloads like a duffel bag.

The new version is slightly heavier, but more sturdy, than the older one. As I beat on my gear, the newer version is better for the way I pack. :)

The Essence in "action" on the divide:
http://snipurl.com/4o64o  [www_pmags_com]

Astute viewers will notice I have my 11th essential packed for my weekend trips...

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com