[pct-l] Starting early and saving the Sierra for last.......

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 22 16:44:43 CDT 2008

Snow can be present in early season in the Southern California ranges, especially the San Jacintos/Fuller Ridge and Mt. Baden Powell in the San Gabriels. Snow can also happen at any time in the variable spring/late spring conditions.  This year 4"-8" fell in the local mountains around Memorial Day weekend.

Another early starter journal to check out is Chuckie V's, aka Funnybone! He departed from the southern terminus on March 24, 2006.  His trail journal at http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=161497

L-Rod