[pct-l] Starting early and saving the Sierra for last.......

Wes Davis wesnice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:08:13 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am interested in starting the trail northbound early -- the beginning of
March or late Feb...hitching from Kennedy Meadows to belden or sierra city
and continuing north.

The plan would be to finish the JMT, Tahoe, Yos sections in September hiking
southbound from Belden or Sierra City.

 Is snow an issue before Kennedy Meadows in March/April?

Also, how early could we enter Castle Crags/Trinity Alps...in other words,
is there a chance we would hit a ton of snow in June?

Any feedback is helpful.  We are basically wanting to start sooner, take a
couple of weeks off along the way and finish at Kennedy Meadows before
October.

Thanks,
Western Plains