[pct-l] Ray Jardine's Quilt

Bill BillBatch at cox.net
Wed Oct 22 08:54:42 CDT 2008

Sheperd,

I can echo Wildheart's experience.   I use the GoLite Gust too (predecessor
to the Jam2).  I have been banging it around for years and about 800 miles.

You would serve yourself well to get your base weight down a little.
However, the GoLite Jam2 can readily handle a temporary load of 40 pounds.
Food weight drops daily and you are not likely to stay over 30 pounds for
long.

As was mentioned on a previous post though, most ultra-light gear is not
meant to be the "lifetime investment".   The GoLite Jam2 and Gust are both
considered very light, but not "ultra" light by today's standards.  Hence,
they have a bit more sustainability to them than many ultra light products.

Pink Gumby