[pct-l] Hitch Hiking

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:40:38 CDT 2008

Nothing is impossible. You can definitely do it, especially if you do
your research.

however, It will be MUCH more difficult, both logistically and as far
as extra walking is concerned. If you have worries about hitchhiking,
they're probably unfounded. And all you have to do is hitch-hike with
someone else if you're concerned, especially a male. I hiked this
previous year (2008) and had never hitch-hiked before. It's easy,
actually, and I never got a hitch that made me feel weird. And if I
did, I would've backed out. Just trust your instincts and it won't be
an issue. After I finished the trail and hiked back to Hart's Pass
from the border, I actually hitched 200-odd miles back to Everett, WA
to get to Seattle. And I only met cool people!

But I guess if you did your research and planning you could get by
without hitching, it would just be a whole lot harder. And you'd have
a heavier pack most of the time, thanks to having to go longer
stretches. Think about hitching, seriously.