[pct-l] Hand Sanitizer

NC Murtaugh hikingis4me2 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 23:40:41 CDT 2008

Well, I knew that the minute I posted the recipe that I don't quite follow, I'd find the 'real' one.

These came from www.davesgarden.com

Homemade Hand Sanitizer

1 cup aloe vera gel
10-20 teaspoons grain alcohol
2 teaspoons glycerin
tea tree oil

Face Wipes
2 tablespoons baby bath soap
2 cups water

Cut roll of paper towels in half (pull paper core).  Fold accordion style into an old wipes container (actually I went to the thrift store and bought a plastic container with matching lid; drilled a 1" hold in the middle with a spade bit). Add solution, allowing time for towels to soak.

Bug Wipes
1 Cup Avon Skin-So-Soft
1 Cup water

Prepare as above.

from www.recipegoldmine.com
Homemade Baby Wipes

1/4 cup olive oil (or other light oil)
1/8 cup baby shampoor or bath
4 cups distilled water
A few drops of lavender or tea tree oil for its antiseptic and antibacterial qualities

Mix all ingredients together well.  Put in a large Mason jar and shake well.  Take a roll of blue shop paper towels and remove the cardboard tube from the middle.  Cut the roll of paper towels in half.  Pour half of the liquid mixture into a bowl and stand half of the roll of paper towels in the bowl until the liquid is absorbed.  Place in a large zip-type bag. Save the liquid and other half of the paper towl roll for your next batch.

Note:  If your baby is showing signs of or is prone to yeast infection, add two teaspoons of vinegar to your liquid.

Lost and Found