[pct-l] SuperSecrets of Backpacking - Shelter Security

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 22:10:48 CDT 2008

The Incredible Bulk wrote: Excellent idea SB.  Thanks.  I don't think I need that for the upcoming trip, but when I return to the high Sierra, I'll bring retrofit Velcro loops.   Hey, I have a new trail name for you, Misty, you old spray bottle you.
Switchback replies: Yes, I have been called many things on and off the trail.  Yes, there are many who would like to sell my scalp to the local Indians, but Switchback is too fast and too cleaver.  If it is Misty, Spray Bottle, Trail Pirate, Rascal, Trailtown Sacker, Self-Promoter, or Scalawag, Switchback always is one step ahead of the crazed mob after him.  I have heard that at many a campfire along the PCT, plots are fantasized to do the helpful and friendly Switchback in.  Plots are hatched.  Plots planned.  Plots are energized with much gnashing of teeth.  All to no avail because Switchback is like a fog that moves in and out ---- seen and then unseen.  When you grab at it, it is not there.