[pct-l] Switchback's Spray Bottles

Scott thehairlesscat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 11:12:04 CDT 2008

Hi there.  I'm Trailcat (until one of you gives me a name that fits me
better) and I'm planning a 2010 solo thru hike.

I love all the little gems provided in the PCT-L list and really want to
thank the PCT community in general for the warm and welcome way you share
your experiences and ideas.  As I've been reading the ideas Switchback has
been providing the last few days that include a backpack's worth of spray
bottles, I was wondering if Switchback or anyone else is putting together a
quick list of Switchback's ideas.  Switchback, if you have a blog or list
you could email out of the ideas you've collected over time, I'd love to get
a copy.  If not, I could volunteer to start collecting them and put them
into some sort of forum for everyone to have access to.  I know there are a
lot of homespun ideas for hiking all over the web, but has anyone considered
putting together a website with ideas put together from PCT hikers,
specifically for the PCT?  Just wondering.

Thanks again everyone for your ideas.  I have limited experience hiking but
feel I have thousands and thousands of miles of trailtesting and experience
at my disposal.

-Trailcat  (By the way, the name implies no pre-existing condition to land
upright when I fall or the ability to display any other sort of grace when
hiking.  It is drawn from another dream in my life.)