[pct-l] Tents and other items

Sean Carey seanpct75 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:03:10 CST 2008

After doing much more reading and research I am starting to rethink some
things. I had been kind of set that the tent combo
 I was going to use was going to be the Serenity Net tent and the Gatewood
cape tent and rain poncho. This looked to be a good mix and
I also had heard it was what someone else here would use. The gatewood
doubles up as a rain poncho so I figured I could save money on having
to buy another rain poncho. As I am trying to do this on somewhat of a
budget. The thing I just thought about though was what if the cape tears or
becomes damaged in some way while I am using it as a poncho or cape as they
call it. LOL! That would be the end of my tent and possibly my poncho/cape
as well. Hmm. So does anyone have any suggestions for a good tent for a thru
hiker?

I even read somewhere about someone making a cheap tent out of tarp? I don't
know. I know for sure after reading all of the mosquito posts that having
something like the
serenity net tent is a must. I just heard it mentioned that someone liked
that combo and I thought it looked good as well.

Thanks again.

Sean C.