[pct-l] LA rain

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Nov 27 12:51:46 CST 2008

We are still classified as being in a severe drought, according to the US Department of Agriculture www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html, with October being the hottest on record.  Even with those gloomy statistics, I still found water at Little Jimmy and Burkhart in the San Gabriels before the rain came. Recent sobos indicated that they'd found water running in Section E, after the rain we had in October. This last rainfall was even more significant, but it's going to take much more to help us recover from "the driest spring in recorded history."  Interesting info at www.water.ca.gov/drought/

L-Rod