[pct-l] Hiker Safety

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Nov 26 17:29:55 CST 2008

Ssomeone I know took a wrong turn on the way up to Tehachapi and
ended up back down in the Mohave desert. Fortunately someone drove by
and gave him a ride. Can you imagine, though? There is no water in
the Mohave.

If you ever find yourself at a confusing spot on the trail, sit there
for a while and read the guide book, look around, look for footprints
or other markers and just rest a while until you are certain which
way to go. Never blindly blunder forward.

The scariest thing I heard about was someone fell into Woods creek
and got stuck in the water for an hour.

I had one bad thing happen to me, but I won't mention it because I
really don't want to hear your criticisms. But thanks, Jarrow, if
you're out there, for being there.