[pct-l] Low cost Thru

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:23:06 CST 2008

I was discussing the cost of a thru hike a while ago and this question
arose, how cheaply can a thru hike be done?  I'm aware of the estimates of
$1/mi, etc.  What I am interested in is how low cost has someone actually
done a thru in the last couple of years?  Anyone want to brag as to how
little it costs for say '06 - '08 thru hikes.    I'm looking for the amunt
of cash needed from leaving your house until you return 4-5 months later.
I'm interested in traditional thru hikes - not record breaking attempts, as
I suspect they might not be representative of the typical hikers expenses.
Note: I'll be attempting a thru in '09 and do NOT plan a doing it for
minimum cost.
Day-late ('09 thru wannabe)