[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 45

d hans dhonah775 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 18:05:01 CST 2008

Wow, this PCT forum really IS the awesomest ever!! Thanks for all the input from everyone about protection for my little tootsies.

No doubt, you wouldn't catch me in Chacos on more than a dayhike. No arch support means bad things happen to your back when you get Old. I think. I also used to hike in Scarpas-- spent way too much money on them the summer before I hiked the Tahoe Rim Trail and realized I was MUCH happier in my "camp" shoes than in my boots. (They're in mint condition and real cheap if anyone is planning on hiking the Stone Age Trail...). I had a rockin' pair of Asolo trail shoes that I got for $25 (!!!) at STP that lasted me 2 years (!!!) and only recently started giving me blisters on my littlest piggy and also letting much sand and little prickly things in. Um...that's in case anyone was looking for my opinion.

And also-- nope, those marketing schmuks at NB can't fool me. Someone told me they were made in USA, and when I read about them on Zappos.com they mentioned that they had 5 factories in USA to ensure quality-- and I was pretty sure 5 factories couldn't even keep up with the thru-hikers, let alone the rest of America's bipeds. Alas, despite their cruel marketing scams and underhanded tax break trickery (probably), looks I'll be going with NBs anyway, cuz that's what all the kool kids are wearing. Do they have them in pretty pink?

See ya out there!
Salix & Co.