[pct-l] New fires

ed faubert edfaubert at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 18:47:06 CST 2008

Meadow ed here......
Once again as fall turns to the holiday season we here in LA have fire season to deal with. Right now we are in the midst of another fire situtation where hundreds of homes are being destroyed some of them trailers housing many senior citizens . The 5 freeway is closed cutting LA off from the north as well as the 210 going out towards  its connection  to the 5. This puts Donna and Christina at Aqua Dulce as well as the Andersons cut off from the rest of LA. It will only get worse over the next few days,  i am niles away in Venice but i can see the haze from the smoke and at 4:30 pm i can smell it.
There are many resources that come together to help these folks out in time of need, some such as the Red Cross may not always be able to help out as much as we like but its sort of the age old story about about us vrs them. Us being the good guys such as cops, firemen, red cross workers and Salvation army too.  read fires being the bad person here.

Well many of you on this list live miles away but you also come out here in spring time when the hills are alive with wildflowere and love taking pictures of our hills. Just think, many of these same flowers you photografers take pictures of   rise from the ashes of our fires.  If you can make a donation to the red cross and earmark it for California fire releif it would be  a nice jester on everyones part.  In the few minutes i have been at the computer writting this the smell is getting so strong i smell it in my house and i am getting cut off from my view towards the east where in the wintertime i see snow from my deck, now its down to  less the 10 miles.....
Meadow Ed