[pct-l] Hats and jackets

Vic Hanson vichansonperu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 17:22:00 CST 2008

Mags commented:
>>can get a wide brim sombrero here in Peru for $2.30, which is what I have used for years,

Yeah for dirt bagging! :) (Though your hat did included a flight to Peru. ;)  )

Yes, the flight is a bit of a surcharge, and of course the price keeps going up. But included is a year of great hiking and climbing! Just bought my ticket for my more or less annual trip back to the U.S. in January (to see family and get my PCT fix!). Anybody want a hat?

Owen asked:

"Have you considered the Montbell? "

It's on sale at Backcountry Gear for $50.40 with free shipping. Reg. $84.

Mens  http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/appareldetail.cfm/MTB519
Womens  http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/appareldetail.cfm/MTB518

FYI  I have no financial connection with Backcountry Gear (Unfortunately!) but they have a large selection, great sale prices, a large lightweight gear section, and usually list the weights of all items, with free shipping on all orders over $49. Their fall sale is on until the 10th.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/sale.cfm

Set yourself a budget and have a look!

Sugar Daddy