[pct-l] Voting and Hiking

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:10:26 CST 2008

As was I. We were on the Tahoe-Yosemite Trail and arrived at Kennedy Meadows
(north) on August 10. Everyone at the resort had a copy of the San Francisco
Chronicle with the banner headline: NIXON RESIGNS. It was a real shock to
us; even though Watergate had consumed the country for months, when we left
Tuolumne Meadows several days earlier, we certainly didn't expect this
sudden denouement.