[pct-l] Heavy Hats

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Fri Nov 7 14:02:14 CST 2008

Thinking about how heavy hats are, I weighed a few:

Tilley LTM6 Airflo size 7-7/8  3.5 ounces
(hm, this was 3.05 ounces when I got it - must be dirt and sweat - time
to wash it again)

Columbia floppy hat size L (boony hat - not sure the model)  3.2 ounces

Baseball cap - several varying from 2.1 to 3.2 ounces

Stetson cowboy hat size 6-3/4 (my wife's grandfather's felt
going-to-town on Sunday hat) - 5.1 ounces

Other than the Stetson, they all weighed within a dozen grams of each
other.

I suspect the "heavy" Tilley is the original style, made of cotton duck
for boating use. I do find the Tilley Airflo the most comfortable hat
I've ever worn, probably partly due to being able to get it in exactly
the size I need.

AsABat