[pct-l] Heavy Hats

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 13:47:03 CST 2008

Despite Elevators amusing attempt at satire, the hat still felt heavy on my head.  I never weighed the bloody thing. I just know that the old school Tilley hat felt cumbersome and heavy on my head vs. a military-style boonie hat. To paraphrase Elevator "The hat felt so heavy that after the Colorado Trail I decided to use a different hat".  The Tilley DID make my wallet lighter, however.

YMMV.

>>can get a wide brim sombrero here in Peru for $2.30, which is what I have used for years,

Yeah for dirt bagging! :) (Though your hat did included a flight to Peru. ;)  )

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com