[pct-l] Clearly, the PCT needs shelters

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 29 19:59:24 CDT 2008

Hum...  You know there are ave shelters here and there, stone structures without amenities.  As one hikes up toward Big Bear there is one at the Mission Creek Preserve and one at the Coon Creek Jump Off.  These are simple buildings in which you may still want to pitch a tent.  Was it on the TV show Survivorman where we saw shelters in Scotland?  Clearly, shelters are not needed everywhere along the trail, but how about a few in the high Sierras or the Cascades?  On the other hand,  "If you build it they will come".  How many people can the trail withstand?  I don't know, but an escalator up Forester Pass would be nice.

  Shepherd