[pct-l] the fuss about preparedness

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 13:47:20 CDT 2008

>>The other is to illustrate that it is easy to make
>>mistakes when tired, and you need to make the effort to think "is this dumb
>>mistake #2?".

My buddy Disco (out on the PCT for the second time. Woo hoo!) once told me about a term he heard called "Gettin' Hangry!"

When you are hungry, tired and frustrated is when you tend to make the really stupid mistakes.

I often have to remind myself to slow down, drink some water and nosh on some food. Get my blood sugar up,clear my head and asses the situation.

It is amazing what a Snickers, hydration and 15 minute break can do in otherwise dire (or even inconvenient) seeming situations!

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com