[pct-l] the fuss about prepardness

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu May 29 00:33:58 CDT 2008

Mark,

I concur.  Expecting L-Rods assistance, both ways - out and back - that does
seem to be part of the crux here ...  I am all for calculated risks.
Sometimes they don't work out and when we sign up for the calculation we
should think through the downside options.  Sometimes things turn against us
and we should try to play those scenarios out in our heads - best we can.
Donna and Jeff give so freely, I think it might be easy for hikers to get
blind to what is appropriate.  It can be difficult to determine how much
water is too much when the river seems to flow so freely - especially if
they perceive their backs up against their calculations.