[pct-l] wet weather gear for rain, wind and snow......

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:23:58 CDT 2008

Taildragger....
IMHO, A longer poncho wouldn't be the answer, at least not in this
manzanita-heavy area.  That longer poncho will more than likely just get
caught on very stubborn unbendable branches that will leave you with a torn
poncho and a very short temper.  If a jacket is out in your estimation, you
might consider a short to mid-length poncho and rain pants.  My
personal observation re rain pants is that without them, you'll be soaked to
the skin from roughly the waist down, just from the wet vegetation you'll be
passing thru, even with that longer poncho.  It's just not going to be able
to deflect all the wet stuff you'll probably be walking thru at one time or
another...especially of there's much wind.  If you're passing thru a series
of squalls or storm cells, there's  a l w a y s  wind!  I wouldn't be caught
out there w/o at least chaps of some kind, but rain pants would be my first
choice.
FWIW,
 FireFly