[pct-l] hanging food vs. bear cannisters

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sun May 25 03:44:30 CDT 2008

Once when camping with a "newbie" I was awakened in the middle of the night
by, "HEY, wake up!  I think I hear a bear walking around out there!"

In spite of the fact that bears typically sniff, and snort, and shuffle
around I wanted to go back to sleep so I groggily I replied, "I don't think
so.  Bears have great big, soft, fuzzy feet.  If he was walking around out
there you wouldn't hear a thing."

Mistake.  Big mistake  -- HUGE!  From then on for the rest of the night I
was awakened with, "HEY, wake up. I don't hear anything!  There must be a
bear out there!"

Steel-Eye