[pct-l] PCT Unassisted Record Challenge

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri May 16 08:33:36 CDT 2008

Unsupported Reinhold writes: The   ''New Breed''  grew up with the UL
Revolution......they never felt
the pain like we did.  We grew up the ''Old Fashioned Way''......with  65-75
LB packs and waffle stomper boots. We are made from a different kind of  metal
Scott & Joe, however, are the 'New Breed Hard Core'' and take UL to  the
extreme....no stove, no fuel all the way to Canada. To beat them we must go
lighter yet.
Switchback replies: No problem.  We will go to our patented Sub  Atomic Ultra
Light System.  I would be very much surprised if our kit's  weighs more than
1 pound each.  Easy to do.  Our June 15 --- Ray  Day start will be a breeze
even though they have a week's headstart.   In fact, what they do not know is
our hiking gear will weigh NEGATIVE.  We  will actually have NO gear weight.
This is so simple to do, but we will  have lots of goodies on our record
smashing hike.

I think we should be at the Campo PCT monument at 12 noon on June 8 and eat
lunch with some hot pizza in front of them as they prepare to head north ---
they can't have any or they will be Assisted.  A lot of hikers should be
there to wish them well on their record attempt.  That's it!   Unsupported and
Switchback will provide hot pizza and cold drinks for the  crowd.  But you have
to agree to this too.  There could be hundreds if  not thousands of people
there along with the TV news cameras, etc.

Of course, the pizza and drinks will be on a first come, first serve  basis.
Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Cheers, Switchback and Stinker the Trail  Skunk

favorites at AOL Food.